Drayton Tower was designed in 1951 by Architect Cletus Bergen. The modern design was quite different from its neighbors within the Landmark Historic District of Savannah. It has very little ornamentation and its facade is made up of white limestone and green windows. The architectural importance of Dratyon Tower earned it a place on the National Register of Historic Places.
Hansen Architects restored and renovated Drayton Tower in 2013 in conjunction with the owner, Flank. The original green windows were repaired, the interior was renovated to accomodate new residential apartments, and the mechanical, electrical and plumbing was updated. The building is now home to many residents and retailers and is once again providing a modern life at the corner of Liberty and Drayton Streets. Drayton Tower received preservation awards from both The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation and the Historic Savannah Foundation.
Restoration of a Historic 1951, 12 story condominium with retail on the first level
Interior renovations for 99 apartment units
Over 120,000 s.f. of retail and residential space