This 185l Greek Revival, four-story Historic Hotel is located on Broughton Street in Savannah’s Historic District. The building was completely restored as a 68-room, full-service hotel with the charm and hospitality of Savannah’s bed and breakfast inns. The facade of Philadelphia pressed-brick has been maintained and granite Greek Doric pilasters were replaced where necessary. The storefront has been modified based on an 1880’s photograph of the hotel. The remaining existing windows on the upper floors have been restored, and wood blinds were added to all windows. Exposed brick wall surfaces and heart-pine floors have been maintained and the fabulous two-story iron veranda was replaced. Project received a Historic Preservation Award from the Historic Savannah Foundation, for “Quality Commercial Renovation/Restoration”. The Georgia Trust For Historic Preservation awarded the Preservation Award 2000 for “Rehabilitation of the Marshall House Hotel”.
1851 Greek Revival Historic Structure
Renovated to its original use as a hotel
Reinstated original, two story, Iron Veranda on front facade
Secured National Register Designation and Tax Credits